I'm looking for a post grad position.
I'm graduating this May 2018 from Rutgers University with a degree in Journalism and Media Studies, minor in Gender and Media, and certificate in Digital Filmmaking. I have experience with video production, social media, and online communities.
So... why should you hire me?
I know my stuff
My past work experience includes internships at NBC's the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, Late Night with Seth Meyers, MTV, Rachel Antonoff, #GirlGaze, Femsplain and freelance work for Spotify, Millennials of NY, and more.
- pitching, researching, and writing copy for MTV snapchat
- production assistance for MTV, NBC Universal, Petra Collins (runs, talent wrangling, media management)
- published in the printed Millennials of NY book Simon and Schuster book (credited before I could even legally celebrate with champagne!)
- directed and edited video for Aloe Bud kickstarter (went on to raise $50K+)
During my time as a full-time student I've held 8 internships, while still having the time to direct, edit, write, and release 7+ short films, 4 web series, 2 documentaries and countless clips for social.
I'm ambitious and a self starter
I like taking chances for the things I'm passionate about. I'm not scared to put myself out there (hence, this page) and I go the extra mile for anything I'm involved in because I invest in myself.
- that time my resume went viral after tweeting it at Chance the Rapper (1/2/3)
- Feb 2017 I founded a website for women and GNC filmmakers called The Light Leaks
- Milestones: articles shared by BUST Magazine and Issa Rae Productions, press from BUST
Magazine, Sundance Institute, WNYU, Adolescent Content, and Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls, 29K views on site, and an August 2017 film screening in Brooklyn with 100+ attendees
- I've spoken at events for Drew University, Mozilla, Girls Who Code, Imagine this Productions about my work as a woman and minority, online branding, and representation in media
Okay yeah, I do video, photo, create websites, speak at events, and go to school full time. But, at the end of the day, you don't want someone who's JUST good at what they're hired for. You’ll want someone you can get coffee with and talk through ideas for the best creative product. I’m that person!
- I care about health and wellness. I've written a few blog posts about exercise, creativity, anxiety, and my skin care routine but most recently I ran in Nike NYC's #ChooseGo 5K and modeled in their photo campaign!
- I do freelance video editing for Get Her Elected, a platform aimed at helping progressive female candidates seek office
- I like talking to people and writing about it! People like Oscar nominated directors, YouTubers on the rise, and teens making a splash on the internet with their art